Narrative Text The Smartest Parrot
EXCELLENT ONLINE ENGLISH COURSE
The following is the example of Narrative Text.
For the definition of Narrative Text and its explanation, just click here!
If you want to get the outline of the Text Types completely, simply click here!
The Smartest Parrot
Once upon time, a man had a wonderful parrot. There was no other parrot like it. The parrot could say every word, except one word. The parrot would not say the name of the place where it was born. The name of the place was Catano.
The man felt excited having the smartest parrot but he could not understand why the parrot would not say Catano. The man tried to teach the bird to say Catano however the bird kept not saying the word.
At the first, the man was very nice to the bird but then he got very angry. “You stupid bird!” pointed the man to the parrot. “Why can’t you say the word? Say Catano! Or I will kill you” the man said angrily. Although he tried hard to teach, the parrot would not say it. Then the man got so angry and shouted to the bird over and over; “Say Catano or I’ll kill you”. The bird kept not to say the word of Catano.
One day, after he had been trying so many times to make the bird say Catano, the man really got very angry. He could not bear it. He picked the parrot and threw it into the chicken house. There were four old chickens for next dinner “You are as stupid as the chickens. Just stay with them” Said the man angrily. Then he continued to mumble; “You know, I will cut the chicken for my meal. Next it will be your turn, I will eat you too, stupid parrot”. After that he left the chicken house.
The next day, the man came back to the chicken house. He opened the door and was very surprised. He could not believe what he saw at the chicken house. There were three death chickens on the floor. At the moment, the parrot was standing proudly and screaming at the last old chicken; “Say Catano or I’ll kill you”.
The possibly new vocabulary for you:
1. parrot: a brightly coloured tropical bird that is often kept as a pet and can be taught to say a few words
2. except: not including; other than
3. excited: very happy and enthusiastic because something good is going to happen, especially when this makes you unable to relax
4. pointed: direct, in a way that shows you are annoyed or do not agree
5. shouted: to say something in a loud voice
6. bear: if you cannot bear someone or something, you dislike them very much
7. mumble: to say something in a way that is not loud or clear enough so that your words are difficult to understand
8. screaming: to make a loud high cry because you are hurt, frightened, or excited
9. although: used for introducing a statement that makes your main statement seem surprising
10. over and over: again, many times
Test your mastery on the text above by taking the following online quiz!
Having e-learning will reduce the use of paper which means less trees cut which in turn helps to keep the earth green. Take this online quiz (no paper required) and get the complete results sent to the email you enter into the box. So please use your valid e-mail address. Fill the user name with your full name then click start!
The Other Narrative Text Examples:
- Jaka Tarub and Nawang Wulan
- Loro Jonggrang
- Lutung Kasarung
- Origin of Lotus
- Rama, The Dutiful Son
- Telaga Warna
- The Fox and the Mosquitoes
- The Penny Wise Monkey
- The Pirate Crocodile
- The Princess and the Pea
- The White Gibbon
- Uncle Spider
- The Bird with Two Heads
- The Birds and the Shivering Monkeys
- The Jackal and the Arrow
- The Monkeys and the Bell
- The Purse of Gold
- An Old Tiger and a Greedy Traveler
- The Wind and the Moon
- The Talkative Tortoise
- The Ant and the Grasshopper
- The Buffoon and the Countryman
- The Dog and the Wolf
- The Fox and the Stork
- The Fox, the Cock, and the Dog
- The Frog and the Ox
- The Hare with Many Friends
- The Labourer and the Nightingale
- The Lion in Love
- The Man and the Satyr
- The Man, the Boy, and the Donkey
- The Shepherd’s Boy
- The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse
- Bawang Putih Bawang Merah
- Keong Emas
- Calon Arang
- Kancil and the Farmer
- The Myth of Malin Kundang
- The Story of Sangkuriang and Tangkuban Perahu Mountain
- The Legend of Toba Lake
- Snow White
- The Story of Smart Monkey and Dull Crocodile
- Romeo and Juliet
- Kite’s Tale
- Story of Rabbit and Bear
- Queen of Arabia and Three Sheiks
- The Smartest Parrot
Filed under: English Course (Reading)
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!