Narrative Text Telaga Warna
EXCELLENT ONLINE ENGLISH COURSE
The following is the example of Narrative Text.
For the definition of Narrative Text and its explanation, just click here!
If you want to get the outline of the Text Types completely, simply click here!
Once upon a time in West Java, there was a kingdom. The king and the queen did not have any children yet. The king was so restless. He was thinking who would replace him as a king if he did not have any children.
Everyday the king and the queen prayed to god. They asked god to give them a baby.
Finally, a miracle happened. The queen was pregnant! The king and the queen were extremely happy.
The people were also happy. They loved the king and the queen. The king was wise and the queen was very kind to the people.
The time that the people had been waiting for finally arrived. The baby was born. It was a beautiful baby girl.
The king and the queen loved the princess very much. They gave anything she asked and that made her become a spoiled girl!
She would be angry whenever she could not get what she wanted. She really had bad temper! She was rude and always said bad things to people. Nobody liked her.
The princess would celebrate her 17th birthday soon. She wanted to have a great birthday party.
“Mother, I want to invite many people. And I want them to give me birthday presents. Especially from you, Mother,” asked the princess.
“Don’t worry, I will give you the best present,” said the queen.
The princess was smiling. She was so happy. She could already imagine that her party would be great.
The king and the queen invited many people to attend the party. Well, they were reluctant to attend it. They did not like the princess. However they respect the king and the queen. Therefore they came and brought birthday presents.
The king asked the princess to open all the birthday presents. The princess did that. She was hoping to get excellent gifts.
She opened the first gift.
“What’s this? Yuck! I don’t like it!”
She threw the gift away.
She opened the second gift.
“Gosh! It’s so ugly! I hate it!”
She threw it away
She opened the third gift.
Again, she threw it away.
The king and the queen were sad to see their daughter’s behavior.
The queen then gave the princess her birthday present.
The princess opened the present carefully.
“Mother, what’s this?”
“It’s jewelries. I got them from my mother. They are so precious and expensive,” explained the queen.
“But they are old-fashioned! I hate those jewelries, Mother!”
The princess again threw the birthday present.
The queen was so sad. She began to cry. Everybody was also sad. When they saw the queen crying, all the guests also started to cry.
The tears fell like rain. Indeed, it was like rain. Slowly the tears flooded the palace. Slow but sure more and more water from tears filled the palace. The tears did not stop and that made the whole palace flooded.
The palace was swallowed by the water. It created a lake! And the water was colorful. Since then people named the lake as Telaga Warna or the Colorful Lake.
Until now we still can see the colors coming from the lake. The local people believe that the colors are coming from the jewelries that the princess threw away.
Taken from: http://www.learn-english-through-stories.com
The possibly new vocabulary for you:
1. restless: not willing or able to keep still because you are nervous, bored, or impatient
2. miracle: an event that cannot be explained according to the laws of nature and is considered to be an act of God
3. pregnant: if a woman is pregnant, she has a baby developing inside her body
4. extremely: very: used for emphasizing an adjective or adverb
5. wise: a wise person is able to make good choices and decisions because they have a lot of experience
6. spoiled: a child who is spoilt behaves badly if they do not get what they want, because people have always given them everything they want
7. temper: a tendency to get angry very quickly
8. rude: not polite
9. attend: to be present at an event or activity
10. reluctant: not willing to do something
11. excellent: extremely good
12. yuck:used for saying that you think someone or something is dirty, ugly, or unpleasant
13.gosh: used for showing that you are surprised or a little annoyed
14. behavior: the way that someone behaves
15. precious: worth a lot of money
16. old-fashioned: no longer modern or fashionable
17. indeed: used for emphasizing the meaning of ‘very‘
18. swallowed: to make food or drink go from your mouth down through your throat and into your stomach
19. jewelries: objects that you wear as decoration. Types of jewellery include rings, which you wear on your finger, bracelets, which you wear on your wrist, and necklaces, which you wear around your neck
Test your mastery on the text above by taking the following online quiz!
Having e-learning will reduce the use of paper which means less trees cut which in turn helps to keep the earth green. Take this online quiz (no paper required) and get the complete results sent to the email you enter into the box. So please use your valid e-mail address. Fill the user name with your full name then click start!
[kml_flashembed publishmethod="static" fversion="8.0.0" movie="http://thousandsideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/telagawarna.swf" width="550" height="400" targetclass="flashmovie" play="true" quality="best"]
The Other Narrative Text Examples:
- Jaka Tarub and Nawang Wulan
- Loro Jonggrang
- Lutung Kasarung
- Origin of Lotus
- Rama, The Dutiful Son
- Telaga Warna
- The Fox and the Mosquitoes
- The Penny Wise Monkey
- The Pirate Crocodile
- The Princess and the Pea
- The White Gibbon
- Uncle Spider
- The Bird with Two Heads
- The Birds and the Shivering Monkeys
- The Jackal and the Arrow
- The Monkeys and the Bell
- The Purse of Gold
- An Old Tiger and a Greedy Traveler
- The Wind and the Moon
- The Talkative Tortoise
- The Ant and the Grasshopper
- The Buffoon and the Countryman
- The Dog and the Wolf
- The Fox and the Stork
- The Fox, the Cock, and the Dog
- The Frog and the Ox
- The Hare with Many Friends
- The Labourer and the Nightingale
- The Lion in Love
- The Man and the Satyr
- The Man, the Boy, and the Donkey
- The Shepherd’s Boy
- The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse
- Bawang Putih Bawang Merah
- Keong Emas
- Calon Arang
- Kancil and the Farmer
- The Myth of Malin Kundang
- The Story of Sangkuriang and Tangkuban Perahu Mountain
- The Legend of Toba Lake
- Snow White
- The Story of Smart Monkey and Dull Crocodile
- Romeo and Juliet
- Kite’s Tale
- Story of Rabbit and Bear
- Queen of Arabia and Three Sheiks
- The Smartest Parrot
Filed under: English Course (Reading)
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!